When injured in an accident whether it be a car accident, truck accident, slip and fall or bicycle accident the first thing to do is to seek medical treatment if necessary.   Once your medical condition is stable it is advisable to consult with a personal injury lawyer before speaking with the at-fault party’s insurance company.  Often times the other party’s insurance company will want to take a recorded statement directly after the accident when an injured person is still in shock.  While in shock you may not even feel or know about an injury resulting in the accident.  Many back and neck injuries will become inflamed after the accident and may even be more serious such as a herniated disc which is not discovered until an MRI is taken after months of enduring pain.  In California, there is a 2 year statute of limitation for filing a lawsuit for personal injuries.  One should clearly not wait 2 years to consult with an injury attorney to obtain legal advise after an accident but should seek legal counsel as soon as possible after any immediate medical treatment is needed.


Answered By: Joshua W. Glotzer, APC

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s